Wednesday, December 28, 2011

It's been a few..

Wow, if i'm not mistaken it's been like almost 2 years since I was last on here..boy am I a slacker. Not to much has happened...Ok that is a lie. I ditched the boy, moved twice, wrecked my car, changed jobs twice...umm I think that about covers it.

I work for an AWESOME company now and am still at Wellcome Mart, yeah I don't think I'll ever leave there. I have been on an interesting journey lately as far as the work goes. Here, story time. :) I was back at Standard Plumbing/Heating supply for almost a year and half. In October of 2011 I applied to be a "Mother's Assistant" for this family here in the valley. I applied and just before the deer hunt in October which is the end of October and got called for an interview. I went to 2 interviews and was hopefull of getting the job. On November 7th I was offered the job!! I would have an increase in pay, a little more time off, and work with kids. I would be working with a young girl with depression issues and helping her with an online school. I was totally excited! I told my boss that I was putting in my notice and that the 28th of November would be my last day. I was sooooo excited!

The 28th couldn't get here fast enough. I was ready for the new challenge and the new expierences I was going to have.

I started on November 29th and I was so excited to go. I couldn't sleep the night before. I got up got ready and was there early. I talked to the mom and she told me that one more of her 5 children would be doing the home-schooling also. He was 8, and I knew that it wouldn't be a problem, it'd be more fun and not so continuous one on one with only one child. As 9:00 rolled around and the mom was going to work I knew I'd have a rough first day. It always seems to happen that way. Your first day is rough, because it is a new enviornment, and a new experience. I helped the kids with their school work and watered plants. The mom had asked me to do a few things if I felt ambitious..like clean and organize their pantry, clean and organize their fidge, and start the laudry for the family.. which there was 8! 8 people.. I don't know what is clean what is dirty, what item goes to which child. It was a disaster of a mess.. The mom had asked me to get with her oldest daughter and go through her clothes. Decide what was clean, diry, garbage, and DI. Well for a 16 year old that was a chore all on it's own! One item by the next the daughter would just look at the clothes and slowly pull the item to her nose to decide whether it smelt clean or dirty! GROSS!! Seriously?! Your nasty if you have No clue what is clean or not. Anyway so as we finished what should have been a 10 minute chore for almost an hour we started laundry. It was so disgusting what she would just leave on the floor..for EVERYONE to see.

Well 2:00 rolled around and I was folding and matching mis-matched socks for the WHOLE family..yeah really?! I did that for an hour! I was alone in their house. Their grandparents from out of state came to visit real quick. At about 2:15 the family left!!!! I was alone in their home for almost an hour! In that time my previous employer called to ask me a question. I told him that I didn't wanna hear I told you so. I hated my job. It's bad when you get a knot in the pit of your stomach for the whole day. I knew I had signed up to work as a "Mother's Assistant", but I felt like a maid.

I was in the home stretch. It was 3:30 and I got to go home at 4:30, I could leave and tell the mom I had made my decicion not to come back. The only thing that held me back from saying that was how would I pay my bills till I got a job? I left at 4:30 and had realized I had a text from my previous employer wanting me to call him. I called and told my situation. He asked me how soon could I start if they could figure out how to get me back. I told him I would be there at 8:00am on Wednesday(the next day) to help with a Huge Sale. He said he would do what he could and would call me later.

5:30 rolled around and I hadn't heard anything from my previous boss..he hadn't called yet. My step-mom Dayna came to my house and was talking to me and I was telling her what had happened and how unhappy I was. I had told her how badly I wanted to quit and not ever go back to that house. She said that her and my dad would support me in whatever I decided to do. While Dayna was at my house I had a call from Dennis, he told me that he couldn't get ahold of HR in SLC and that he would call me in the morning. I told him that would work, and hung up the phone. Dayna asked me if I would like to go get a pedicure. She was so sweet to take that time to help me take my mind off of everything. It was the perfect way to take my mind off of what had transpired.

Dayna dropped me off, I felt better a little more relaxed. I called my mom and asked her to come to my house. She promptly came. It was nice to talk to my mom and get her input on the situation. She said that whatever I decided she would support me. I couldn't ask for more. At 8:45 after toying with the idea for the last 4 hours I decided that I would call my employer and tell her that the job wasn't for me. I explained why the job wasn't for me and I had a good several reasons. I got off the phone and my mom told me that I had sounded very professional and that after I had gotten off the phone, my demenor and person was different. I felt different, I could feel that.

Well I was jobless!! AAAHHHHH! Wednesday morning, I woke up and decided I wasn't going to sit idol and not do anything so I got up got ready for the day and while I waided for Dennis to call I got on Workforce Services website and began applying for jobs. Dennis finally called at like 8:30ng that there wasn't anything that they could do. They had already offically offered the job to someone and that they needed to give her a chance. I applied at several places. An online furnature store, and had printed my resume to take to some places. I took a resume to Conservice, Hustad Mechanical as a secretary and applied at several otherplaces. I knew Hustad Mechanical from working at Standard Heating and Air Supply. So in a way I kinda knew the people. I took my resume in to Casey and in a nut shell told him what happened. This was about 9:15, and by 9:45 I had an interview for Friday. I had also gotten a call from the online furnature company for an interview on Wednesday. I was feeling a bit on top of my world! By the time 4:00pm rolled around on Wednesday I had 2 interviews and was feeling confident. Thursday I continued to apply for jobs anywhere I could think of. It was a slow day and not much happened. Friday came and I got up and got ready for my interviews. My interview with Hustad Mechanical was at 9:00 and I was pumped. I went in and had the interview. I was asked what sets me above the other applicants? I said that I knew the company, business, parts, their guys, all they would need to teach me was their computer programs. I felt it went well! I had another interview at Conservice at 10:00 on Friday.

Cheryl called me to work a double that night, I had nothing else to do so it worked out good. At 3:45 Hustad Mechanical called and offered me the job as their secretary! I galdly accepted and started the following Tuesday, December 6th!

I LOVE MY JOB!!! That is all I can say, I have the best co-workers, and awesome people I get to spend my day with! I am so happy things worked out for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment