Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The last few days I have had a lot on my mind. I don't condemn nor do I try to portray a "Holier than thou" persona, but my heart has been troubled. I have a family member who was born into the LDS faith, baptized, confermed, and attended many mutal activites. What I am having a hard time understanding is why every time there is the oportunity to bash our church they do. I love this member of my family but I don't understand why constantly it's ok to make it seem so inconvienent. I have never tried to rip them down and make them feel as though eveything they do is wrong. We were at a family dinner during the holiday's and this member said that the reason we were haveing a blessing on the meal was because the family is "REALLY MORMON". This hurts because you are too! I never once tried to make you feel bad for walking away. I have never made you feel bad for you choices. Yes, I will be the first to admit that I am not perfect. I don't always do what I am supposed to but I try. My heart breaks because thanking the Lord for what I have is a sacred thing to me. I have a relationship with God, I am proud of that. I will never tear someone down simply because of their beleif. It just hurts, think of the things that come from your mouth before you speak. You never know who your going to hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment