Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Feb...till Now :)

Wow this is going to be quite the update. From February till now, that is quite the gap right?! So March was fairly uneventful other than Cody and I went to Jackson Hole for the Hill Climbs. That was such a good time, we hung out with friends and just hung out. It was so cold! Brrr but it was fun. April, that month started busy but wasn't towards the end. My family and I went to Arizona for a week. From the time we left on Thursday till the next Wednesday we spent more than 24 hours total in the car. Now for all of you that know me I can only handle so much of people for so long. By the end of the trip I was ready to kill everyone in the car. But on the way I saw so many neat things and over all had a really good time. While we were in AZ we visited: Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Tuscon, Tombstone, Globe, Show Low, Pine Top, and just about everything in between.

Phoenix, Mesa,& Scottsdale:
We saw the Easter Pageant at the Mesa Temple. Now that was the most amazingly beautiful thing ever. It was the story of the Saviors life and crucifixion. If you haven't been totally make time to see it one day. While in the Phoenix area we visited Old Scottsdale, there were many different shops, art galleries and places to eat. By this point I was already totally pissed off lol. All I wanted to do was get the heck out of the state. Finally we made time to go shopping and so that kinda made me happy. Bill's brother Larry and his wife and daughter came while we were in Phoenix.

Tombstone:

HOORAY!!! My favorite part of our whole trip! I am a total Wyatt Earp fan! Not to mention I love the movie Tombstone, starring Kirt Russell and Val Kilmer! Oh gosh, it was amazing to see all the sights that are in the movie and they become real. For those of you that have seen the movie the Bird Cage Theater is really there and is in the exact same location as it was when Wyatt Earp, his brothers, and Doc Holliday where there. Also I visited the Oriental Saloon where Morgan Earp was shot and killed. That was really cool. While in Tombstone, we went to Boot Hill Cemetary. Boot Hill Cemetary is the location where: Fred White, the McLaury Brothers and countless other people are buried.

Tuscon:

We were in Tuscon only one night so I didn't get to see much there, but on the drive out of Tuscon we stopped at this place called the Biosphere 2. It's really neat there is this building that has all different kinds of habitats, that range from desert, to ocean, to the rain forest. It's in one large building! Really interesting! Here is a link to check it out :) www.b2science.org

We then hit Moab on the way home, it was so long I thought I was going to die. I sure am glad I went on the trip even though it was so long. I learned a lot about myself and my family and that you should NEVER under ANY circumstances go on a vacation with your parent after you are 17 or so. LOL

After Arizona there hasn't been much to happen, just work and school so that has kept me busy. Cody and I are still together and have been dating since October, it's been almost 8 months crazy to think that we've lasted this long. It sure was a surprise to me, but I couldn't be more happy. If anything else cool happens I'll be sure to post it. :)

peace Kae

No comments:

Post a Comment