Monday, June 14, 2010

5 Hour Energy




So yesterday was Sunday and I had a long day ahead of me, I worked 11-5 at Wellcome Mart and then 6-11 at the Weston Inn. Work at Wellcome Mart wasn't to bad, really slow but it was a Sunday so that is somewhat to be expected, but I knew that if I was going to work for another 5 hours I would need a little pick me up. When I left the house for work at the Weston I stopped at Wellcome Mart to buy the non-caffinated 5 Hour Energy drink to help me to stay awake since I was exhausted as it was. Mind you I haven't had any kind of energy pick me up for like over 6 months. I thought though that I'd be ok since the 5 Hour Energy didn't have caffine. Well it worked to say the least, but the worst thing happened about 8:30pm I started to shake like crazy! I had eaten so I knew it wasn't my sugar dropping, it had to be the energy! It finally passed and I felt fine, but still it wasn't a good feeling to be shaking so badly.

Today, I got up and went about my laundry, and ate breakfast. About 1:30 I began to shake again! UGH!!! I ate lunch, drank so water, yeah it did nothing. I was disoriented and feeling nothing like myself! Yeah huge problem..what could have made me feel like this? I know that things pass through your system quite quickly, but to feel like that is so different since I haven't had problems with my sugar in a long time. I think it was the 5 Hour Energy. To say the least although they are advertised to be better than say a Rockstar or Monster energy drink I think it's just as bad for you! Learned a valuable lesson that is for sure...just because it doesn't contain caffine doesn't mean that it won't affect you badly. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment